Wednesday, December 31, 2008

12/31/08 - New Year's Eve

I was a little put off this morning by the clear glee the CNN weather woman was expressing over the idea that people in Times Square would be freezing their butts off tonight. She said “I may just tune in to watch them suffer”. What the heck!? I bet Anderson Cooper wanted to take a swing at her as he will be out there suffering too. I don’t have any desire to go see the ball drop in Time Square but I do have a lot of respect for the people who do brave the elements and stand out there for hours and hours.
Matt and his roommate have been kind enough to host a New Year's party. I am forever grateful to them for keeping me out of the cold, not forcing me to pay $150 that I would have to pay if I went to a bar, and allowing me an opportunity to just be surrounded by wonderful friends. And I have the same wish for you…may your New Years Eve be warm, cheap, and filled with good friends.
Today’s song goes out to all the tough folks who are probably already gathered at Times Square. You show that nasty weather woman what’s up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...