Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12/3/08 - Ode to the Bagel Guys

One of the most important relationships a New Yorker has, beyond their doorman, is with the Bagel Guys. They are the fellows at the deli closest to your office who provide you with your morning sustenance. They are friendly and always happy to see you, which is impressive because they are usually crammed like sardines behind the counter. They support almost everything you do…new hair cut, a tan, etc. The only thing that they are not too thrilled about is your New Years resolution to cut back on carbs (NO BAGELS!) but we all know that will only last 2 weeks and then the Bagel Guys will welcome you back with open arms.
I switched jobs a few months ago and while I was concerned about my boss liking me and making friends, I was really worried about finding new Bagel Guys. I was very attached to my guys at Bagel & Bean (SO good – 54th and Broadway – Check it out!), where I had frequented for years. But after a week or two at my new job I found new Bagel Guys at Guy & Gallard. And guess what happened yesterday!? They remembered my order. When I got to the front of the line they were already spreading the cream cheese on my cinnamon raisin bagel and were putting the milk in my ice coffee. This is a major milestone in the Bagel Guy relationship! So thank you for making all our mornings POSITIVELY brighter Bagel Guys.

Today's song in Mrs Robinson. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...