Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12/17/08 - Hugh Jackman! That is all I have to say

I can’t decide what I am more excited about: Hugh Jackman hosting the Academy Awards or Hugh Jackman starring in X-Men Origins: Wolverine! That is like asking me which I like more: baked potatoes or mashed potatoes. It is an impossible decision!

Let’s start with the Academy Awards or, as I like to call it, The Best Night of Television EVER. I tried throwing a party on Oscar night a few times but, evidently not everyone is interested in sitting in silence, waiting with bated breath for the announcement of every award. That’s right! Every award! I even care who wins the sound editing and short documentary categories. And to find out Hugh Jackman is hosting this year, well that is almost too much!

But on the other hand there is the new X-Men movie. X-Men is my favorite movie series, well second to the Die Hard series. I was blown away when the first X-Men movie came out in 2000 and I had to wait 3 long years for the next one. I had just moved to Scotland when X2 came out. I had to bribe my two new friends to come with me on opening night. They were two blond sorority girls from Texas and comic book movies really weren’t their thing. However they were lured in by the idea of Hugh Jackman in spandex (who could resist!). They did, however, almost ditch me when I literally yelled “Woo Hoo!” during the opening credits. In my defense, I was a little buzzed at the time. They serve booze in the movie theaters in Scotland. What a great country! While I didn’t enjoy The Last Stand as much as the first two, I was still very entertained. And now they are coming out with Wolverine, which will give us incite into how Logan became Wolverine. Check out the preview! http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wolverine+trailer&search_type=&aq=0&oq=wolverine

It is the year of Hugh Jackman, which I know is a cause for celebration for every women and quite a few men. Starring in Australia, named Sexiest Man Alive, hosting the Oscars and now Wolverine. I’m comforted by the steady stream of Hugh we will be receiving for the next 6 months.

So now that you think I’m a giant weirdo I shall sign off with today’s song. Please enjoy Summer of 69.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...