Monday, December 1, 2008

12/01/08 - Giant Pool of Money

While ignorance may be bliss, it is not very responsible, especially in times like these. I’ll admit that until recently when anybody would mention terms like “economic crisis” or “housing bubble” I would shake my head and looked discouraged but I really didn’t know much about any of those topics. But once the problem came to my front door (Literally! I live on Wall St.), I resolved to figure out what the heck was going on! It wasn’t easy though. It isn’t like there is a “What Is Wrong With The Economy For Dummies” at Barnes and Noble. So I began my research through one of my usual references: Oprah! She did a show a few months back about the economic crisis, and while it wasn’t as detailed as I would have liked, it definitely started me off in the right direction. Next, I reached out to my boyfriend, who is wise beyond his years. I like to ask him really broad, important questions about the world when we have had a few drinks and are just about to fall asleep. He stayed up until 4 AM patiently trying to explain what was going on (don’t worry, we are still together). But I still had more questions! I was badgering my dad for answers when he mentioned that I check out Giant Pool of Money. Giant Pool of Money is a piece that This America Life (I worship this show) put together to try to give their listeners a better understanding of the housing crisis. You have to check it out! You can listen and/or download it at http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=355. It is an hour long and worth every second. I promise it isn’t boring and you will come away with a much better understanding of what happened to our economy. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Today’s song is Madonna’s Vogue. I hope Madge will forgive me for not including one of her songs so far….oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...