Thursday, December 4, 2008

12/4/08 - Positive Geniuses

A few years ago I saw the play Three Days of Rain with Julia Roberts, Paul Rudd and Bradley Cooper. Roberts and Rudd play siblings reuniting with their childhood friend, Cooper. Rudd is a brooding intellectual while Cooper plays a happy “golden” boy and Roberts is torn between the two. Rudd spends most of the play teasing and even berating Cooper for his “glass half full” attitude. Finally Cooper snaps and shouts “Just because I’m in a good mood doesn’t mean I’m an idiot!”. I almost shot out of my seat and said “THANK YOU!”.
For some reason it looks cool to put things down…this bar sucks, that teacher is a moron, this show is stupid. And it seems like you don’t have any taste or you don’t know any better if you generally enjoy things. Why is this? I know I am a culprit of putting things down just because I can but I try not to do this very often. This is not to say that people can’t disagree. I’m all for different opinions but if you don’t like something and someone else does that doesn’t make you a better person. So here’s to all you “glass half full” people out there! You are clearly geniuses!

In the spirit of this post today's song is Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry Be Happy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...