Monday, January 5, 2009

1/5/09 - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Did everyone have a great New Year’s Eve? I wore the dress! I’ll post a picture tomorrow.


So tell me your New Year’s Resolution. I like to hear them because it is always interesting to find out what people hope to accomplish during the year. My resolution is to worry less. It is going pretty well so far. I’m taking more deep breathes and once I’ve made a decision about something I try to stop thinking about it. With layoffs constantly looming, it is hard to stop worrying completely but I’m definitely cutting back.


Also my mom and I are doing a sweet fast. No cake, candy, cookies, etc. I’ve even cut out my bi-weekly iced coffee, which, lets face it, is mostly sugar. This isn’t a diet. It is a willpower challenge. I did it once this summer and lasted about a month. My mom suggested we try this sweet fast for a year so I had to grab her by the shoulders and yell “Are you crazy, woman?!” I LOVE sweets so I don’t want to say goodbye to them forever but I think it is good to take a break from the addiction every once and a while. Every night, as soon as I finish my dinner, and it doesn’t matter how full I am, I start ravaging my apartment looking for a piece of chocolate. Not a pretty site. So we are on Day 5 and it is going pretty well, accept for a dream I had Saturday night where I ate an Oreo. I woke up in a cold sweat. Please join the sweet fast if you like!


So if we can’t eat sugar, I figure we could have a song about it. Please enjoy The Archies’ Sugar, Sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...