Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12/30/08 - 2008 with a silver lining

As another year comes to a close, I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting. When I first started thinking back on 2008, my mind was flooded with memories of hardship and tragedy. But, as I’ve found with most things, if you take a deeper look you can find, at the very least, a silver lining. So here is a list of some accomplishments or things I figured out during the past year:


· Began to like sushi. Well, just California rolls but you have to start somewhere
· Got bangs
· Let bangs grow out
· Said goodbye to the best roommate ever
· Hiked in the Alps
· Got a new job
· Tried Pilates
· Watched good friends get married and have babies (well, I didn’t WATCH them have babies. EEEK!)
· Tried golf
· Realized I liked stuffing
· Realized I actually still don’t like stuffing
· Fell deeper in love
· Realized I am amazingly blessed and that I have the best family in the whole world


And last, but certainly not least…


· Started PositivelyAnna! There have been over 125 posts and Songs of the Day. Thank you all for your stories, support and song suggestions. Keep it up in 2009!


So when you do take a closer look at things and you still can’t find a silver lining, do as James Brown says and “Get up off of that thing and dance ‘til you feel better!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...