Monday, January 31, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days: 16

One of the things I've found most surprising about creating my 101 list is how many people want to help me complete items.  I had only met Amber once or twice and we had chatted about my list.  A few days later I got an email from her saying she had tickets to the symphony and she was taking me (#16: Go to the symphony).  I was so surprised and touched.

We had a great time.  We went to Carnegie Hall and saw Linda Mack, Earl Rivers, and Giulio Svegliado was the conductor.  If you have never been to the symphony, even if you aren't a fan of classical music, you should go.  I had never seen so many people on one stage collaborating to create one song.  I am beyond impressed with any composer who can account for all the different instruments and their sounds, and create music that incorporates all of them so beautifully.

Amber, thank you so much for this wonderful experience.  I hope to see you again soon.

Song of the Day
Today's song is I Hear a Symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...