Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Cleanse: Tough Stuff

I'm not going to lie to you...this cleanse is tough. In the first week, I was happy-go-lucky. Feeling all skinny and full of energy. But now that I'm on the 11th day, I'm feeling skinny, full of energy, and crabby. I want to have a glass of wine with friends. I want to go with Matt to our favorite restaurants. And I don't want to have to wait another 10 days to do it.

I'm not finding the cleanse physically challenging. I'm not hungry. I'm sleeping great and getting to the gym everyday. But this second week has been hard mentally. I just don't feel like doing it any more. Last night I honestly thought about giving up. But I didn't. And the real reason I didn't was because I'm doing this cleanse to test and strengthen my will power. I want to start the year knowing that I can achieve what I put my mind to. I already know I can do a vegan and gluten free diet, as well as give up coffee and sugar. My real test for the next 10 days is to stick with my resolve. Wish me luck! And thank you for all the support.

Song of the Day
Today's song is The Doors' Break On Through.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're sticking with it. Think of the good tracks you're laying down in your brain! When you need to cleanse next time your body will know how, but not if you do it for less than 3 weeks.

    But what are you going to do NEXT January? Or should I be afraid to ask? xx, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...