Wednesday, February 2, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days: 56 (1 of 24)

#27 on my 101 List was to volunteer 8 times a year.  I intentionally placed the bar high because I've done so little volunteering on my life, but I think it is very important.  I'm ashamed to admit that I've done an atrocious job.  But I did volunteer tonight!  Better late than never.

I spent the evening playing bingo with seniors at the Bialystoker Nursing Home.  I had a lovely time with Julia who giggled to herself every time she put down a chip.  And Ralph who, when anyone else would win, would shout "There is a cheater amongst us."  As I was leaving, I said good-bye to a woman who only spoke Spanish.  She took my hand, squeezed it, and blessed me with an incredibly warm smile.  A night well spent.

Song of the Day
Today's song is The Beatles' Hear Comes the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...