Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New Gym Motivation: $

It is hard to find motivation to get to the gym. You can buy new shoes or get a workout buddy. You can try positive public pressure. But for me, no kind of motivation lasts for an extended period of time, so I'm forced to keep coming up with new ones. My newest motivation is financial. Gym memberships are expensive and nearly impossible to get out of. The agreement at my gym says you can only get out of your membership after serious injury or death. Good Lord! Since I don't intend on getting seriously injured or dying anytime soon, I might as well make my membership worth it.

I try to get to the gym about 3 times a week. I thought this schedule was making my gym membership worth it, but when I actually calculated, going 3 times a week means I'm paying about $7 per trip. So I thought about it....Do I mind the idea of paying $7 for my favorite kick boxing class that I look forward to every week? Nope. It gives me a great workout and I have fun. Now, do I like the idea of spending $7 to run on the treadmill, where I huff and puff and time refuses to pass? Hell no!

So there is my motivation. If I get to the gym 4 times a week, then I'm paying $5 a visit. In my opinion this is still a lot to pay to run on the stupid treadmill but is it worth having flatter abs, tighter butt and generally feeling better about myself? SURE!

I think a good song for today's post is Donna Summer's She Works Hard for the Money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...