Wednesday, March 11, 2009

101 Things in 1001 Days: Status 1

As promised to you and myself, I will be providing updates on how I’m doing on my 101 Things in 1001 Days list. Currently I’m working on #73: Keep my eyebrows groomed for one month. I got them waxed yesterday. I spent the better part of the day looking like someone had hit me repeatedly with a belt over the brow and then covered it in Vaseline. HOT! But I’m off to a good start.

I have, or rather my mother has, been plucking my eyebrows since the 8th grade. I have surprisingly thick eyebrows for someone that isn’t really hairy. My brothers do too. We call it the Ballard Curse. And you wouldn’t think it would be tough for a bushy brow like me to keep up with regular plucking, but it is. I like how I look when my brows are cleaned up but let’s face it, I’m kind of lazy and find it hard to motivate myself to pull a bunch of little hairs out of my face. But my hope is that by challenging myself to keep my eyebrows groomed for a month, I’ll see how easy it is and how much better I look and be able to stick with it.

So I’ll update you again on April 10th, when hopefully I can report that I have conquered goal #73 and no one will compare me to Bert or Frida Kahlo.

Today's song is Michael Jackson's Black or White. I love the part in this video when people turn their head and they morph into someone else. Got to love early '90s special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...