Monday, January 26, 2009

1/26/08 – Cleaning Machine

I spent the whole weekend cleaning my room. 10 to 12 hours washing, dusting and organizing everything I own. As much as I hate cleaning I did enjoy some moments like “I didn’t know I had this belt!” or “Call off the search for my blue suede loafers!” I also made a huge pile of clothes to donate to Good Will. Not the sequins skirt though. You never know when you will get invited to a Tina Turner Look a Like party.

Above are before (embarrassing) and after pictures of my closet. My closet is usually the one shining spot in my messy existence but even it had even gone to hell since the holidays. I don’t know if you can tell from the pictures but I color code my clothes. ALL my clothes…even my wife beaters. I’ve been color coding my clothes for about 10 years now and I do it for two reasons. 1. It is the best way to clear my head. Some people go for a drive or a long walk. I color code. It helps me quiet my thoughts and relax. 2. It is a great way to keep track of your clothes. It makes it easy to see that I need to buy a black cardigan and that I need another blue button down like I need a hole in the head.

Today’s song is Cheryl Lynn’s “Got To Be Real” which helped me get a second wind during the cleaning extravaganza.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...