Monday, January 12, 2009

1/12/09 – Slumdog Millionaire

Who watched the Golden Globes last night? I did. They are clearly not as exciting as the Oscars, which I believe to the best night of television EVER, but they do give you a good idea of who will be nominated for an Academy Award. I like to see most of the movies nominated but we are little behind this year. Actually we have only seen Slumdog Millionaire but it looks like we made the right choice. It cleaned up last night winning Best Original Score, Best Screenplay, Best Director and Best Picture!

Even if you don’t get that excited about awards season, I suggest you run, don’t walk, to see Slumdog Millionaire. It really is amazing. It is a wonderful love story but definitely not a chick flick. Guys, you will like it too! The movie follows the life of Jamal, which has been filled with luck, tragedy and most importantly, love. I have seen a few Bollywood films but I don’t feel like any, that have been popular in the U.S., have given you such a realistic view of India.

Because I know some of you prefer the song of the day to coincide with the post, I have chosen M.IA.’s Paper Planes, from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. GO SEE IT!

1 comment:

  1. 1. i'm obsessed with this song :)
    2. LAAATIKAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...