Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/20/08 - In Good Hands

It is funny that today of all days I should have trouble writing. As you know, I am very excited about Barack Obama being our president. I thought his inauguration speech was excellent. I've listened to it several times, the last time hoping to find my favorite part. And maybe that is why I am having a tough time getting my thoughts in order. Obama touched on so many things, so eloquently. If someone asked me what it means to be an American I would have to say "What he said." I guess the best thing to do is say everything I feel after today: inspired, excited, enlightened, calm, happy and proud.

Instead of a song of the day, I am going to suggest that you listen today's historic speech again. My hope is that you, like me, feel like we are in good hands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnygQ02aW4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...