Monday, February 21, 2011

The Summer of the Super Hero

I have a thing for super heroes (generally and one in particular).  And I'll be one lucky girl this summer because there are FOUR super hero movies coming out.  Matt was thrilled to hear that we will be planning our summer vacations around their release dates.

Thor is coming out on May 6th.  You may recognize that bearded stud, Chris Hemsworth, from the first 10 minutes of Star Trek.  In other awesome news, the newest installment of Star Trek is due in theaters the summer of 2012.



X-Men: First Class will be in theaters June 3rd.  The X-Men are far and away my favorite super hero troop.  It is unclear if Wolverine will make a cameo in this film, which focuses on the founding of X-Men.



The Green Lantern is scheduled for theaters June 17th.  I'll admit I know little about the Green Lantern, but this is the one super hero movie I won't have trouble getting my girlfriends excited about.  Ryan Reynolds baby!



And the last super hero movie on tap for the summer of 2011 is Captain America, in theaters July 22nd.  This is kind of like World War II historical, super hero fiction, or as I like to call it, BEST MOVIE EVER!



What movies are you excited about seeing this summer?

Song of the Today
Today's song is Bonnie Tyler's Holding Out for a Hero.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Ballard. I secretly think I'm a superhero and obsess over these movies. It's only a matter of time before the avengers brings it all together...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...