Friday, December 31, 2010

Do You Make a New Year's Resolution?

New Year's is one of my favorite holidays. I don't need to go to giant, fancy New Year's Eve party, although champagne is a must. What I love about it is waking up on New Year's Day and getting a chance to change or start over. It is a day of great opportunity.

What I have been surprised to find is that many people don't make New Year's Resolutions. I've been asking lots of people what theirs are, and more ofter than not have heard the following: "I stopped making them years ago" or "I never stick with them, so I stopped making them." I absolutely subscribe to an "to each his own" policy so I didn't push them further but I was curious to know more. Do they never resolve to do anything? And if so, how do they bring change into their life. I'm not criticizing! But for me the only way to make a change is to pick a start date and focus on the change wholeheartedly. I'm not saying this always works but that is how I roll. Or maybe they do make resolutions but they don't like the pressure of having to make them on January 1st.

So tell me! If you are making a New Year's Resolution I would love to hear it. And if not, tell me why?

Song of the Day
Today's song is Prince's 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...