Monday, December 27, 2010

Come Cleanse With Me

I try to start each year off with a challenge. I like to remind myself that I'm in control and can accomplish what I resolve to do. In 2009 I didn't have any sweets for six weeks and in 2010 I gave up alcohol for the month of January. My challenge for 2011 is going to be a whopper! Starting January 1st, I'll be doing the Quantum Wellness Cleanse, created by Kathy Freston.

During this cleanse you don't eat any of the following for 21 days: gluten, animal products, sugar, caffeine, or alcohol. I know it may sound like I'll be starving myself but I can eat grains, beans, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables, and as much as I want of all of them. I was telling a very healthy friend about the cleans and she said "Cool. It is like you are pretending to be a vegan who has celiac's disease." Simple as that.

Since I've never done a cleanse like this (or any cleanse for that matter), I will be closely following Freston's book, which I have already found immensely helpful. This cleanse is not just about eating better but also includes mediation, visualization, and exercise. I want to invite you all to do the cleanse with me, although no pressure. I'll leave you with a quote from The Quantum Wellness Cleanse that got me very excited about this big challenge:
Here is the thing about wellness: it's a continuum. We get better at it as we go. We get informed, build esteem, and find what works as we keep putting one foot in front of the other. We develop new tastes and discover different and interesting foods, and move into a new rhythm. And with every day we say, "Okay, I'm bigger than my old habits," we rise to our greater selves. We soar.
Song of the Day
I keep singing this song as "Come Cleanse with Me." Please enjoy Frank Sinatra's Come Fly with Me.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! What about dairy? Look forward to your posts as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you know it! Part of the cleanse prep is to write down what you eat and how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be so fun/interesting! I can't wait to have daily check-ins.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...