Monday, April 20, 2009

Cooperstown Weekend: Part 1

Matt's birthday is tomorrow. YAY! As his present I took him to Cooperstown, NY to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. Matt is a huge baseball fan and I thought the fact that he had never been to the Hall of Fame was a tragedy that had to be remedied. So I had been planning this trip in my mind for the past 3 years that we have been dating and I was so excited to finally make it happen.
I had originally planned to keep our destination a surprise. I had told Matt to keep that weekend open and that we were going on a little trip but that was it. He had asked if he could guess where we were going but I said no because I didn't want the surprise to be ruined. But one night about two weeks ago, we were having some wine and having a generally great night and Matt asked again if he could guess where I was taking him. I thought about it and then said ok because I was convinced he would get it wrong and then I would be able to yell "Wrong, SUCKER!" and do an evil laugh. But then he guess right! Dammit! He was so excited about where we were going that it didn't even feel like the surprise had been ruined.
We rented a car and started our 4 hour trek to Cooperstown on Saturday morning. While it was a long drive, it was very nice. Matt has never been Upstate and the mountains reminded me of home so we enjoyed ourselves. I packed us a picnic of Pelegrino and Balducci sandwiches (aren't we fancy!?), which we enjoyed at a picnic table at a rest stop. I don't usually pack fancy picnics for road trips but I wanted to make the whole trip special. And skipping the inevitable gut rot from Roy Rogers or Sabaro was very nice.
Ok I'll finish tomorrow. To be continued...

Song of the Day
We are watching Top Gun so today's song is Highway to the Danger Zone. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...