Monday, June 20, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days: 48

Anna a.k.a. Bicycle Pirate
It has been a little while since I’ve crossed anything off my 101 List. On Saturday I got back at it, completing #48: bike the length of Manhattan. It was so great!  Matt and I rode from the West Village almost up to the George Washington Bridge (there was some construction on the end of the path).

We rented from Waterfront Bicycle Shop. They have lots of bikes in great shape and it is right across the street from the Westside Greenway Bike Path so you only have to cross one street (which is why I didn’t die this weekend). The Bike Path runs the length of the west side of Manhattan. It is very flat, lending itself to a leisurely pace. The path can get crowded so I would recommend this ride as a morning activity.

Matt a.k.a. Hell On Wheels
We had such a great time.  It was a beautiful day.  We saw parts of the city we had never seen before, and got some exercise. Best of all it only cost us $27 total! This my new must-do activity for when I have guests in town and I recommend you try it as soon as possible.  


Song of the Day
Today's song is Queen's Bicycle Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...