Thursday, December 17, 2009

Making the New Boston Moms Proud

The moms of my hometown, New Boston, NH, are some of the sweetest, most caring people I know. And these women take three things very seriously: The 4th of July, graduation parties, and the Annual Cookie Exchange. Growing up, our holidays were always filled with delicious, expertly presented cookies and when I was invited to my first cookie exchange in New York I wanted to recreate some of that magic.

There are two main elements to a successful cookie exchange submission: the cookie and the presentation.
The cookie recipe was provided by my friend Caryn (logo designer extraordinaire). She had made pumpkin spice cookies with cranberries and pecans for Halloween but thought they were so good they they could transcend into the holiday season. And she was right! They were excellent. A hearty, sweet and warm cookie with a tasty cream cheese frosting. You can find the recipe here.

Now that I had the perfect cookie, I wanted to present it with appropriate splendor. Of course that wonderfully dangerous Container Store had everything I was looking for.


At a cookie exchange everyone brings copies of their recipe. Caryn came to the rescue again, designing these awesome recipe cards which have a picture of the cookie on them! I love this idea and wish all my recipe cards had this.
Well I survived my first cookie exchange and, New Boston Moms, I hope I have made you proud. Love you!
Song of the Day
Today's song is Momma Said. Have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Anna, I hosted my first cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago. I called my mom to make sure I was doing it in proper NB mom style :)

    Will I see you at Laflammes' tomorrow night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Your cookies and packaging look fabulous!! Well done and happy to help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see both Anna and Megan tomorrow night! I'm excited for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. You get the award for best presentation!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...