Friday, September 11, 2009

An Excellent Mob Mentality

Yesterday Oprah kicked off her 24th season. Impressive in its own right, but the Oprah staff also managed to pull off a huge surprise for her, which I can't imagine was very easy. The show was filmed in the streets of Chicago and opened with a performance by the Black Eyed Peas. At first no one was dancing and I thought "Poor Peas!" Then one girl started dancing in the front and then a few more. And a few more. Soon everyone in the crowd was doing a choreographed dance. All 21,000 of them! Oprah and my brains were blown!



The Oprah show had created the largest flash mob to happen in one place. The energy, even in my living room, was amazing. I'm sure it was an unbelievable thing to be a part of.

You can see a better video and how they created the flash mob at Oprah.com

Song of the Today
Today's song is the Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling. Excuse me while I go dance my ass off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...