Friday, July 16, 2010

A Little Change That I'm Proud Of

I made a slight tweak to my 101 list, which as I've said before, is totally allowed. I changed #53 from "Workout everyday for 1 week, 4 times" to "Workout 6 days a week, 5 times." Workingout every single day is just plain silly. It is good for your body to take a little rest.

This past Sunday I made the change to my list and vowed that I would work out 6 days in a row. I knew I would need help to stick to this goal. I have written about Positive Public Pressure. The idea is to tell people that you are trying to accomplish something. You will be more motivated to stick with it because you will feel accountable (in a good way!). As Positive Public Pressure has worked well for me in the past, I enlisted some help for my Big Workout Week. Matt was on board and provided lots of high fives and gentle nudging to keep me on track. I also reached out to my best friend Mandy, who happens to be one of the most dedicated exercisers ever. Every time I didn't feel like waking up early and getting to the gym, I thought about how she was waking up early to exercise too and how great it feels when I get to report to her that I've checked off another day.

Well I'm happy to report that as of this morning I have worked out 6 days in a row. I feel awesome! Tonight I'm going to celebrate by eating a huge slice of spaghetti pizza. And yes, it is as glorious as it sounds.

Thanks Matt and Mandy. You guys were great! And to any of you out there who are trying to check something off your 101 list or accomplish a goal, I'm happy to provide some very Positive Public Pressure.

Song of the Day
Today's song is La Roux's Bulletproof.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! So proud of you! :) Also, if you need to check off detox in the near future I can help you out....assuming its the same thing as a cleanse. We can do that one together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...