Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday! I inherited my love for my birthday from my mother. That lady loves her birthday and I'm sad I can't be with her today. So instead of celebrating with her I'll have to settle for bragging about her.

Besides birthday love my mom has taught me that life is long. In a good way! She has reinvented herself so many times. She is always growing, changing and learning. Watching her live her life this way has granted me tremendous freedom. I know that I can take my time and that I can accomplish everything I want in my life.
For about 10 years my mom has focused on painting. And because she is talented and works hard she has become really good. Here are a few of my favorites of hers.
Students in Mexico
My little sister Alice
My mom was inspired by the Shem Women's Group
The Chicken Guy!
And my all time favorite! My grandma and my brother Ben
You can check out more of my mom's paintings here and here.
Today's Song
Today's song is Regina Spector's Fidelity, one of my mom's favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...