Monday, November 16, 2009

Positively Enjoyed The Fantastic Mr. Fox

I've been dying to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox since I first heard it was coming out back in August. It was one of my favorite books growing up (Roald Dahl is a genius) and I've always enjoy Wes Andersons' style. Dahl + Anderson = Anna at the theater on opening weekend.

The movie did not disappoint. It was visually stunning. The detail and the care that went into each character and scene was really incredible. And the story, just like I remember it, was great. I wouldn't say it was a "kids" movie. There were several children in the theater and they weren't freaking out, like the poor kid sitting behind me during Snakes on a Plane*, but I think a lot of it was over their heads. But get them the book. It is a great read. And you should definitely the movie! Here is a little taste. Positively FANTASTIC!



* I realize that admitting I saw Snakes on a Plane in the theater may have lost me some credibility as a movie critic but I thought it would be funny. Unfortunately, like the poor kid behind me, I spent most of the movie with my sweater over my head just wishing it would end.


Song of the Day

The movie also boasts an awesome soundtrack. Please enjoy one of the tracks, The Rolling Stones' Street Fighting Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...