Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Little Less Stress

No matter how you slice it moving, specifically packing, is very stressful. Believe me! I'm in the thick of it right now. While there is no way to make packing stress free, I do have two tips for helping to cut down on those pull-your-hair out moments.
  1. Start in the areas that are the most important to you. That way you will have the energy to do the job right. If you have to move your mother's china and it will break your heart if anything gets chipped, start there. You will have the best packing supplies available and you won't be in a rush. Matt has several musical instruments that he was nervous about being damaged during the move. He packed those first in his strongest box. One less thing to worry about!
  2. Throwing your life into boxes can make you feel out-of-sorts. It is ok to take time to organize. Think of a few things that you like to have organized, like your personal documents or books. It is ok to take the time to pack them in the order or way you like. A little extra piece of mind can go a long way during a stressful process.

You may have noticed I'm a little crazy about my closet. I feel more at ease when it is organized and clean. You won't be surprised that it makes me a little anxious when packing it up. So I decided to pack it up first and keep it orderly. This of course took a little extra time but, for me, it was definitely worth it.

This just won't do.

PANIC!

Ah! Much better

Eat your heart out Martha Stewart.


Song of the Day
I appreciate that sorting my hangers and tying them with color-coded ribbons may make some of you think I'm certifiably crazy so GUESS WHAT!? Today's song is Britney Spears' Crazy. Serves you right ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...