Monday, November 17, 2008

11/17/08

How was your weekend? I spent Saturday night having my mind blown by a Led Zepplin cover band called Led Blimpie with a lead guitarist named Thor! Only in New York!

I am always on the look out for fun stories to give you a little pick-me-up and I came upon a great one the other day. My boyfriend watches a lot of sports. A lot, a lot! And if we aren’t watching the Red Sox or UNC basketball I often tune them out, but something caught my interest the other day when we were watching a Texas Tech game. This September a local radio station in Lubbock held a contest where a lucky fan would get the opportunity to win free rent for a month if they were able to kick a field goal. During the 3rd quarter of the game a student named Matt Williams came on the field and crushed a 30 yard field goal to win the contest. The Texas Tech coach saw Williams’ kick and asked his staff to find out who that kid was. Williams was invited to try out for the team and now is an official member of the Texas Tech Red Raiders! Since late September he has kicked for 21 consecutive extra points. I love that story!

Today’s song is a fun one from The Holloways called Two Left Feet. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...