Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Motivated by the Goddess

I'm embarrassed to admit that since I finished The Cleanse my eating has gone downhill.  Ok, I should be less hard on myself...I have picked up healthier eating habits and I've cut way back on eating meat.  But I am frustrated because I know how healthy I am capable of eating and, in turn, how good I'm capable of feeling.

I am motivated by goals and challenges, but I can't take on a major cleanse every time I want to eat a little better.  Luckily I'm also motivated by treats. I was dreading eating a something healthy for dinner even though I knew I should.  My internal angel and devil were bickering about what would be on the menu, a salad or a pizza, when I came to a fabulous comprise...The Goddess!  My  friend Jen recommended Annie's Goddess Dressing and if you haven't tried it, you must. So yummy.  As a treat for eating the salad, I was "allowed" get Goddess dressing.  I realize that this sounds like a Little House on the Prairie type treat (oranges for Christmas!?) but we have plenty of dressing already and I'm trying to be frugal these days, so it was a treat.  And my little tricked worked.  I'm finishing my salad now, feeling happy that I ate healthy, but also feeling content because of The Goddess.  

What is your motivating treat?

Song of the Day
Today's song is Belinda Carlisle's Heaven is a Place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...