Monday, March 28, 2011

Changing My Perspective on Spending

Lately I’ve been overwhelmed with the feeling of not having enough money.  It's wrong for me to feel this way, and I feel even worse about admitting it because I make plenty of money.  I’m well aware that I’m much better off than many, many people.  But hey, I’m in my twenties and I live in New York and I’m not perfect, so I’m feeling broke.  This situation can give you the blues, but I’ve decided to change my perspective about spending.  


I would ideally love to have more money so I could spend it on things I consider fun, like new clothes and going out to dinner.  But more money is not an option right now.  So instead I’ve started thinking about where I spend the money I already have.  I looked at my monthly expenses and my gym membership and Netflix stood out.  I also thought about my recent major purchases and my camera came to mind.  These are things I’ve already spent money on, so why the heck am I not using them.  Or more importantly, these are luxuries that I should be excited about.  So I’m shifting my focus...I’m going to stop wasting time pining over things I can’t afford and start enjoying the things I’m lucky enough to have already.

My friend Mandy is also going to change her perspective, taking advantage of where is spending her money.  She is already paying for obedience school for her dog, Chappy.  She has decided to step up his training, teaching him how to cook her dinner.  An excellent way to save money on going out.

Chef Chappy.  He should probably wear a hairnet.
Song of the Day
Today's song is The Beatles' Money (That's What I Want).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...