Monday, March 22, 2010

101 Things in a 1001 Days: #31

I thought today would be the perfect day to start #31 on my list: Start a history journal. I was a government major in college. For 4 years I studied the momentous decisions that effected this country and the world. While reading history we are blessed with hindsight, which as the saying goes, provides 20/20 vision. We had many "no duh" moments in classes, like "no duh" that was a good decision or "no duh" it wasn't. But I'm sure that isn't always so clear in the moment. So the point of the history journal is to record how I feel at the exact moment when history is being created. I have grand visions of my grandchildren studying this time in American history and being able to read about how I felt while it was actually happening.

Last night the Senate passed the health care bill. It was clear to all of us that this was a historical occasion but I felt it is important to record it in my history journal because health care has a long way to go in this country. I am very optimistic and I think we are off to a great start. I am hopeful that we are moving closer to a time when health care is no longer a privilege but something that all Americans have access too.

Song of the Day
With this new health care bill hopefully more people with a "Bad Case Of Loving You" can see the doctor, doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...