Sunday, March 14, 2010

101 Things In 1001 Days: #42

When putting together my 101 List about a year ago, I was sure to include goals that I could accomplish myself, not having to depend on others or fate. While some of the things on my list are challenging, I was conscious to pick items that I knew I could conquer so that my list would feel like 101 accomplishments and no defeats. I was slightly hesitant when putting #42 on my list: Get a promotion that includes a title change and a raise. The economy was in a rough spot and I didn't want to be upset if I was able to make #42 happen. But I am beyond excited to announce that I did make it happen! It took leaving my current job and switching to a new company but the move was a great choice.

I didn't switch jobs to complete #42. My original intention was to get a promotion at the company I was with, but my role there changed drastically, becoming something that I was far from proud of. So I made a move. I won't bore you with the details of my job search because I know you know what a slow, frustrating and often disappointing process it can be. I secured a job that I couldn't be more excited about. I received the raise and title change that I was aiming for but much more importantly I am working with a group of kind, thoughtful people in a job that I am proud of.

Song of the Day
A friend recommended Movin' On Up as the song for the post and I think it is perfect.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! congrats anna! so happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy for you too!! (but also miss you very much!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna,
    I love your blog! What a great idea. And congratulations on your promotion! I am a true believer that focusing your energy into something positive like this will bring the positive right back to you, and it sounds like it is working :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...