Thursday, October 1, 2009

Right for the Job

I am truly passionate about a group I joined last spring, Dining for Women, which "empowers women living in extreme poverty by funding programs fostering good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency, and cultivates educational dinner circles inspiring individuals to make a difference through the power of collective giving." And like everything I'm passionate about, I want to share it (That is why I write this dang blog!).

The idea of Dining for Women is so simple and yet so effective; Once a month, instead of going out, getting together with a group of women to donate what you would have spent on dinner to a worthy charity. I wanted to help create more chapters, without leaving the one I've found in New York, which is made up of an incredible group of women. To achieve this, I immediately thought of Sue! Sue is a close family friend and she is what Malcolm Gladwell calls in The Tipping Point, a "connector": one of those amazing people who knows everyone and has an incredible knack for bringing them together no matter their age, race, background, or location in the world. Last time I was home, I made a point of talking to her about Dining for Women and suggested she start a chapter in New Boston. As I hoped, Sue jumped all over it! She immediately started the first New Hampshire chapter. They have already had their first meeting and raised almost $500!

If you are interested in the New York or New Hampshire chapters for Dining for Women please email me at PositivelyAnna@gmail.com.

Song of the Day
Sue isn't one to keep away from but Run Around Sue is just so catchy that I couldn't resist.

This Day is Positively

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...