Friday, October 16, 2009

101 Things in 1001 Days: #59

I completed #59 on my 101 Things in 1001 Days: Plant herbs and use them to cook. I've mentioned the value of eating local, and it doesn't get any more local than your own garden, or in my case the window sill. I planted some herbs a few weeks ago. Basil, parsley, thyme and rosemary. I did a little research and found that these plants would work well in a window sill, plus they smell amazing. (Helpfull sites here and here)

There is something wonderfully gratifying about cooking and eating something you've grown. And this feeling is only heightened if you live in a city because the opportunity to plant anything is rare.

My small garden doesn't garner enough for me to completely forgo buying fresh herbs , especially if I'm making a larger meal. But my tiny plants are perfect when I want to make a little something special and I've found using my own herbs makes the meal taste Positively wonderful.



My little urban jungle


My camera smelled good enough to eat after taking this picture.
Song of the Day
Today's song is Welcome to the Jungle. Let's get pumped up on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Ben's parents keep giving us their plants, and we end up killing them.... I should add this to my list of things to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great goal. Well done.

    I travel too much with work right now but someday... I will have a killer window ledge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...