Sunday, September 12, 2010

#2: LA

I had said that our trip to California felt like four different vacations: San Francisco, Big Sur, Paso Robles, and finally, LA. One of Matt's best buddies from college, who I have grown to love too, Dennis, moved to LA a few years ago so we wanted to make sure we saw him while we are on the west coast.


We were in LA for less than 24 hours but Dennis showed us his city. We rented bikes and rode up and down the beach. Santa Monica was beautiful and tasteful. And Venice Beach was, well not exactly tasteful. I live in New York City and I was still surprised by some of the characters in Venice. Some of the best people watching in the world.


Matt and I both wanted to make sure we got some good Mexican food while we were in town. And LA did not disappoint. Dennis took us to TiTo's, which you should definitely check out. A small menu of simple dishes that taste like heaven.

I want to thank all our hosts, old friends and new ones we met in California. We had an amazing vacation, one of the best of our lives. I urge you east coaster to head over there ASAP and if you need any help planning your trip, I would be happy to be of assistance.

Song of the Day
Watching the skateboarder in LA reminded me of Tom Petty's Free Fallin video. Well with a lot less spandex.
For more songs about LA, check this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...