Monday, September 20, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days: #39

#39 "Get a professional photo for PositivelyAnna" has probably been my favorite thing to accomplish so far because it encompasses every reason I created this list: to meet new people, to do things that I am scared of, and to try something new.

A few months ago, fellow blogger and list maker Katie Jane Parker found my blog and very graciously offered her services as a professional photographer. As traffic to my blog is low, I had never received an offer like this and I was hesitant. But I looked into Katie's blog and she seemed legit and she wanted to meet in a public place so I was pretty sure she wasn't going to kill me. We emailed back and forth and set up a time to meet.
I met Katie in Central Park on a beautiful afternoon. I was very nervous. I have never been photographed on my own before, outside of the awful and inevitable school pictures. Plus I was going to be shot in front of the millions of people in the Park. But as anxious as I was, I smiled at myself and thought "This is exactly why you created your list."

All the nerves flew out the window as soon as Katie introduced herself. She is a sweet young woman who started her own photography business (so cool). She has a list, and like me, believes it has changed her life. People had helped her accomplish things on her list and she wanted to do the same. She saw #39 on my list and I'm so glad she did!

We had a great time. She made me feel so comfortable. We just walked and chatted. Katie would point out a spot that would work well and I would pose how ever felt natural. Here are a few of my favorites.
Katie Jane Photography specializes in engagement and elopement photos but I would recommend her for any photography needs. She was very professional, fun and relaxed. Thank you so much Katie! I hope I can help you with something on your list someday.
Song of the Day
Today's song is The Cure's Pictures of You. For more songs about photography and pictures, check this out.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...