Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mmmmmm! Grass!

When I was about 9 or 10 I was with my dad in the The Gap. They had just launched their line of scents and I was puzzled by the one called Grass. “Dad, who the heck would want to smell like grass?” I asked. “People from the city,” he said as he patted my head. And it turned out, as per usual, my dad was right. I was home in New Hampshire this weekend and the smell of grass was everywhere. Now that I am one of those “people from the city", I would kill to smell like grass. I want to makeout, marry, and have lots of babies with the smell of grass.

If you live in New Hampshire, you refer to this time of year as “mud season." If you don’t live there, you refer to it as “most beautiful, I’m moving here immediately, season." Everything is in bloom and the trees and grass are the brightest greens you will ever see. The only problem is the back flies whose goal in life is to fly into your eyes, mouth, and beer. But I can handle those pesky flies for that wonderful smell of grass!

Song of the Day
Today's song is Tim McGraw's Where the Green Grass Grows, which I know I've already played but come on! The song is perfect for this post.

1 comment:

  1. i also think part of your love for the smell of grass comes from that little thing we call soccer

    and if i could..i would bottle the smell of the beach...ahhhhh heaven

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...