Monday, August 29, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days: 84 and 100

My mom came to town the other weekend and helped me accomplish #84: Go to the Botanic Gardens. This has been something I've wanted to do in New York for a long time. I've always loved botanic gardens. Growing up we would go to Longwood Gardens, and when I lived in Scotland the Royal Botanic Gardens was one of my favorites spots.




My mom and I had a wonderful morning strolling through the various gardens. She used to own a nursery and was a landscape designer, so she is a great companion for this sort of thing.




I also considered this excursion crossing off #100 off my listDo at least one of my 101 things with my mom and do at least one thing from her 101 list with her. My mom didn't end up creating a 101 List, but going to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens was always something she wanted to do. She has been extremely supportive throughout this whole process, and it was wonderful to share this day with her.

Song of the Day
Today's song is Katrina and the Wave's Walking on Sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...