Sunday, November 21, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days: 19

#19 on my 101 List was "Go to a country music concert." I've loved country music since high school and have always wanted to go to a concert. However, most of my friends don't share my affection for the songs of the South and that type of music is not very popular in New York City. But you know what makes finding a country music concert a lot easier? Making a friend from Texas. My new Texan friend Jackie took one look at my 101 list and said "I'm taking you to a country concert. My favorite musician, Robert Earl Keen is coming to town and we are going. Done and done!"

So a few months later a bunch of us, along with every other native Texan in New York, headed to Terminal 5 to see Robert Earl Keen. This was legit country. There were even people in real cowboy hats, not girls trying to bring Coyote Ugly back. It was a blast! The concert embodied everything I love about country music. Fun tunes about the good and bad in life that everyone can sing and dance too.

Thanks Jackie! You are country strong.

Song of the Day
Today's song is Jackie's absolute favorite. Please enjoy Robert Earl Keen's "Feeling Good Again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...