Tuesday, October 12, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days: 70 and 71

My teeth!

Yesterday I pulled a little-two-birds-with-one-stone action. I completed #70: Get a mouth guard for sleeping, and #71: Improve my teeth through straightening or whitening. Double whammy on the 101 list!

I'm not one of those crazy people who claim they like going to the dentist (you know who you are). I hate it. I have a small mouth and a tongue that refuses to get out of the way. In short, I'm a dentist nightmare. And I'm not such a big fan of yours either Dentists! They stick needles into your gums, drill into your brain, and then make you feel bad about not flossing. Actually I finally found a dentist in New York that I like and trust. I've been going pretty frequently over the past two years and yesterday was the big day. I finally got retainers! Ya hoo! I know it sounds silly but I have been looking forward to this for some time.

It turns out that since I was a kid, I have had weak enamel, which makes me very susceptible to cavities. I need to continue to take better care of my teeth but my dentist said the retainers, which I have to fill with paste every night, should make my teeth stronger. It will also make them whiter and will help with the grinding. She said if my grinding breaks the retainer, she will give me a new one. I obviously want to avoid that but it does sound kind of bad ass. Teeth of steel!

Song of the Day
Today's song is Death Cab for Cutie's Crooked Teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...