Monday, October 20, 2008

Tip/Thought of the Week: The Mystery is Gone

While I won’t deny the convenience of caller ID, it has taken some of the surprise out of our lives. I know I’m not the only one who screens their calls or once we see who is calling won’t turn off the TV or stop checking email when we answer. We greet friends and family with an unenthusiastic “Hey”. But God bless by father’s old school heart for not getting caller ID or call waiting for that matter (Damn the man, Dad!). Whenever I call he is excited to find out it is me. While it may not be surprising that my dad is happier to hear from his only daughter than some telemarketer, it still makes me smile that every time he has answered my call since I left for college I am greeted with a jovial “Hello!”. I guess the point of this Tip/Thought is to remind us all to take the time to let the people we care about know that we are happy to hear their voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...