Monday, July 25, 2011

Map It Out

Matt and I have come a long way in decorating our apartment. In New York, wall space (and all space really) is limited so we were very judicious about what we hung. We are happy with the pieces we have honored with a coveted space on the walls and wanted to share them with you!

Above our bed we hung a sailing chart of Casco Bay, ME. It is important to me that art in your home is personal. Matt and I both love to sail. I spent all my summers in Casco Bay, and Matt has come to love the area as well. So not only we do we like the colors and look of the chart, we are both reminded of happy adventures every time we look at it.


Here is a close up shot of Chebeaugue Island, where Matt and I hope to get married next summer!


I like decorating with charts and maps because they are relatively inexpensive, and they bring a personal, yet traditional touch to your home.

More map decorating ideas:
Martha loves decorating with maps. She's got loads in her own home.
Charts make great wallpaper.
And think beyond your walls. Check out this beautiful, chart-filled jewelry.

Song of the Day
We haven't had any Huey in a while. Enjoy Power of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...